So with this daunting task ahead of you where do you start with your group reservation???
- Firstly we suggest getting an approximate number of people who are going to go on this trip, break it down into Group leaders and those that are students or just a normal Group all of the same ages, this allows us to see whether you require private rooms for the leaders or just a selection of large Dorms for the students. Here at Jacobs We have Single/Twin Private ensuite rooms. 3 Bed Privates, 4 bed Privates , 6 bed dorms, 8 Bed Dorms and 10/12 Bed dorms. We can then supply you with a price and details of how to book it. E-mail email@example.com to get a quote today!
- After you arrive in Dublin you are probably wondering how Can I get from the Airport to the Hostel /Dublin City with all the people and a lot of luggage? You have two options really! — You can contact us directly at Groups@jacobsinn.com and we can arrange an airport shuttle bus service for the group both to and from the airport, we just need your booking reference, flight details, flight number arrival/Departure times, number of people and amount of luggage. The price is generally €6.00 per person each way. — Secondly, you can take the Airlink bus Service which is a public run bus that operates between 5 am and 23.00 every day except for some public holidays. This goes from just outside the arrivals terminal and costs €6.00 one way or €10.00 return. There may be problems with extremely large numbers 30+ so you may have to wait for another bus. It runs every 15 minutes and takes 25 mins approx. to get to the Talbot St. stop which is just beside the hostel
- Once you arrive generally we give you your bedrooms and get you to fill out our standard code of conduct form. This is standard practice for all groups, we also require a damage deposit which is refundable on departure assuming everything is ok. It can be done with either a €300.00 pre authorisation on a credit card (this just freezes that amount on the Credit card for 10 working days.) or alternatively we can take a €20.00 deposit per person up to the max of €300.00.
- Once you are here and settled down, you are free to enjoy the City, but you may have some other burning questions. Such as
- Are towels included? – Only in Private rooms of 4 or less people. Anything with Dorm in the title of the bedroom will not have towels included. Do not worry, we can supply you with towels at reception however they are an extra cost of €2.00 per towel.
- Can we store Bags on Departure?—YES. We can store large group’s luggage in our group luggage storage areas for a few hours after your check out time (usually 11am). If individuals wish to rent lockers, we have them at the reception but they cost €2.00 per night with a €10.00 deposit for the Key.
- Are bathrooms included. – YES – All our rooms are ensuite so there is a shower/sink and toilet in each bedroom, this also includes the dorms. There are a number of communal bathrooms on the ground /First and second floor also.
- Where can we eat?—We have a fully serviced self Catering Kitchen in the Hostel. We have pots, pans, stoves, grills, toasters, ovens, fridges and freezers. So if you wish to buy your own food and eat or drink it in the Hostel that is not a problem. Just remember to label your food so we know when you are leaving.
- Are there Places we can Assemble as a Group – YES – We have a first floor Communal area, a ground floor communal area and a 4th Floor Terrace. All great places to speak to your group as a whole. We can reserve these areas (subject to availability) for short periods for your group if you wish to do so just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and time.
- Can we arrange a Walking Tour: – YES—although you may have to pay a nominal fee for a private walking tour , we can arrange one for you for either 2/3/4 hours around the city, you will get your very own guide to give you the best knowledge and experience Dublin has to offer. They can be specifically tailored to your Language needs also. Specifially German/Spanish /English. Please contact Groups@jacobsinn.com if you wish to arrange a private walking tour!
- Can we arrange Packed Lunches—YES – We can arrange packed lunches for the Groups at €6.50 per lunch. Just E-mail Renata@jacobsinn.com and we can get them dropped off at the hostel for you, or arrange a pick-up very close to the hostel.
- Can we arrange Dinner- We do not currently have a restaurant in the Hostel but we do recommend some places around town specifically that can cater for large groups , even at short notice.
Cheap and easy. – There is a pizza place around the corner called IL CAPO that does an amazing €5.00 deal (9 inch pizza with 3 toppings/ Soft Drink and Fries/Chips with a choice of Dip). No need to reserve, he can make them on Demand. http://www.yelp.ie/biz/il-capo-dublin Sit Down- We usually recommend The Celt Pub on Talbot St. Just a 5 min walk from the Hostel. All pub grub but it is more for smaller groups 20 people or less. Sit Down – There is another larger Irish Food style Restaurant/Bar called O’Sheas that can cater for large groups also. You can contact these all directly.
Great Ideas For Groups……What to do? Where to go! What to see!
Please follow the Link Below to get Some great Ideas for things to do in the City! While you are here! http://www.jacobsinn.com/things-to-do-for-groups/ Top of our List would be the Bar Crawl and One day tours (Cliffs of Moher/Wicklow/Giants Causeway), Chose from our numerous day trips all of which can be reserved at the Reception desk. Ask our knowledgeable reception staff for Details or e-mail email@example.com for more information.